Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:02
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2012

Hello,

I have had my pc rebult after a major crash - have reinstalled Trados Studio 2009 and it opens and I can translate but when I try to open the terminology management icon - it says
'unexpected global plug-in services error' crashes and - then 'requested service not available - Sdl Desktop. Platform. Services.IJobServices...' then 'Multiterm not working'

Any suggestions as to what's gone wrong.
Thanks
Lorraine

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:02
English
Let's check the obvious first.. Oct 19, 2012

Hi Lorraine,

Just to confirm... you did reinstall MultiTerm as well; you only mentioned Studio 2009?

If so then I think the first thing to do is run a repair of MultiTerm Desktop through the Control Panel and this may resolve the issue.

If not then please raise a support case for this. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL MultiTerm 2011

Then full out the form, all fields, that will submit a case to SDL Trados Technical Support.

Regards

Paul

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:02
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes all downloaded Oct 19, 2012

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reponse.

Yes I downloaded 2007 suite first as 2009 was my first SDL product. Downloaded Studio 2009 and Multiterm and all appeared to install correctly. I have already tried the repair via the control panel but no success. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, but still cannot open multi-term. Translation memory and translating in editor view seem to work fine though. I have submitted a report to SDL.

Thanks
Lorraine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Terminology management global plugin error

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search