Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:17
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2012

Hello,

I have had my pc rebult after a major crash - have reinstalled Trados Studio 2009 and it opens and I can translate but when I try to open the terminology management icon - it says
'unexpected global plug-in services error' crashes and - then 'requested service not available - Sdl Desktop. Platform. Services.IJobServices...' then 'Multiterm not working'

Any suggestions as to what's gone wrong.
Thanks
Lorraine

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:17
English
Let's check the obvious first.. Oct 19, 2012

Hi Lorraine,

Just to confirm... you did reinstall MultiTerm as well; you only mentioned Studio 2009?

If so then I think the first thing to do is run a repair of MultiTerm Desktop through the Control Panel and this may resolve the issue.

If not then please raise a support case for this. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL MultiTerm 2011

Then full out the form, all fields, that will submit a case to SDL Trados Technical Support.

Regards

Paul

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:17
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes all downloaded Oct 19, 2012

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reponse.

Yes I downloaded 2007 suite first as 2009 was my first SDL product. Downloaded Studio 2009 and Multiterm and all appeared to install correctly. I have already tried the repair via the control panel but no success. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, but still cannot open multi-term. Translation memory and translating in editor view seem to work fine though. I have submitted a report to SDL.

Thanks
Lorraine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Terminology management global plugin error

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search