Changing font color of individual words in SDL Studio 2011
Thread poster: johnyaku

johnyaku  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:30
Japanese to English
Oct 19, 2012

In the (MS Word 2003) document that I am translating, there are some sentences where one or two words are highlighted by using different font colors. There are no tags in these sentences.

I want to highlight the corresponding words in the target translation by using the same font colors. I know how to "Apply Highlight Color" but that is not what I am trying to do. I want to change the font color.

(I'm sure that this is a basic question, but I've already spent an hour searching for an answer with no luck.)

[Edited at 2012-10-19 00:25 GMT]

Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 05:30
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
My 2 cents Oct 19, 2012

Try the CTRL + comma command. Highlight the desired term in target and then press CTRL + comma and a drop down list will appear then select what formatting you need from there.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:30
English
Exactly right.. Oct 19, 2012

Hi,

The reason you see no tags is because you are working in semi wysiwyg mode. If you press Ctrl+Shift+H then this should display the formatting tags that are there, just hidden. There is an article here about working with tags in Studio that might be helpful - http://goo.gl/S1fQu

Regards

Paul

johnyaku  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:30
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - that worked Oct 19, 2012

Thanks to both of you.

CTRL+comma did the trick in this case, and it's nice to know how to view hidden formatting tags - I'm sure that will come in useful at some point.

[Edited at 2012-10-19 09:16 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing font color of individual words in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search