Thread poster: EGolubtsova
EGolubtsova
EGolubtsova
Local time: 01:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 19, 2012

Hi All!

Purely by chance I came upon a very strange issue (bug?) in Trados Studio 2011.
Some inline tags in the HTML document were automatically deleted when changing segment status to Translation Approved.

I experimented and inserted the missing tags manually by copy-pasting them, but when I changed the status of the segment to Translation Approved they disappeared again. Naturally Trados didn't report missing tags during Verification, too.

The tags
... See more
Hi All!

Purely by chance I came upon a very strange issue (bug?) in Trados Studio 2011.
Some inline tags in the HTML document were automatically deleted when changing segment status to Translation Approved.

I experimented and inserted the missing tags manually by copy-pasting them, but when I changed the status of the segment to Translation Approved they disappeared again. Naturally Trados didn't report missing tags during Verification, too.

The tags that were deleted contained no text between them, but as far as I understand they are still needed in the final HTML (as opposed to purely formatting tags, that are obviously unnecessary if there is no text between them that will be actually formatted, like <b> or <i>). For example the tags <i class="i-i" title="Click here for more info" _href="1"></i> and <i class="close"></i> <i class="arrow"></i> were automatically deleted in the segments.

I found no settings that I could adjust for tag checking to alert me to this issue in the future reports. Using tag protection is no option either, as in some segments tag order should be changed.

If someone already experienced this issue and knows any solution, I would very appreciate any advise. For now I just don't change the segment statuses anymore, but that will not solve the issue for the future projects, as I have reviewers delivering translations to me for several languages, and some of them might use Review mode normally and thus accidentally delete tags again and again.

If there is really a Trados bug and not my failure to adjust the settings correctly, I believe it's a rather important issue that Trados developers should be aware of.

Best regards,
Ekaterina

UPD: Tags are also automatically deleted in Translation mode by confirming the segment. I checked my Tag verification settings for HTML: Tag verification is enabled, Tags added/Tags deleted boxes are checked, and Ignore formatting tags box is unchecked, so missing tags should have been reported during Verification.

[Edited at 2012-10-19 10:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-10-19 10:33 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:32
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Tags Oct 19, 2012

Hi Ekaterina,

The tags in the text of the posts should be in " < ", not in "[" - please edit your text accordingly.

Natalia

[Edited at 2012-10-19 10:14 GMT]

EGolubtsova
EGolubtsova
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tags should be displayed Oct 19, 2012

Natalie wrote:

The tags in the text of the posts should be in " < ", not in "["

Natalia

[Edited at 2012-10-19 10:13 GMT]

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your advise, but I want the tags to be displayed in the post as an example of what is deleted in Trados. When I use the angled quotes the tags are treated as formatting and are not displayed.

Or did you mean that I can just add quotes around them and they will be treated as blank text and will be displayed in the post?

Best regards,
Ekaterina

[Edited at 2012-10-19 10:21 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:32
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
I just mean Oct 19, 2012

the wrong formatting of half of your posting.

[Edited at 2012-10-19 10:26 GMT]

EGolubtsova
EGolubtsova
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tried another way Oct 19, 2012

Natalie wrote:

the wrong formatting of half of your posting.

The thing is I need those tags to be displayed in the post as tags, so they need to show on the final post. Now tried to use another workaround, hope it'll help. Sorry, missed the preview function!

Best regards,
Ekaterina

[Edited at 2012-10-19 10:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Important issue: Inline tags automatically deleted in Studio 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »