SDL MultiTerm 2011
Thread poster: karen henry

karen henry  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:08
French to English
Oct 22, 2012

I'm going through the Trados Getting Started pdf after having attended the webinar course for beginners.

I'm trying to create a termbase in SDL MutilTerm, according to the instructions in the Getting Started pdf:

1. Select the Termbase -> Create Termbase menu command.
2. This opens the Save New Termbase dialog box, in which a location and a default name for
the new termbase is already suggested, i.e. New Termbase.sdltlb.
3. Replace the suggested termbase file name with glossary.sdltb, then click Save.

This should open the Termbase Wizard, but instead I get a message: Method not found: 'Sdl MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.ServerPrivlege. Sdl Multi Term.Client.Connectors,ServerProxy.LogIn(System.String. System.String. System.String. Boolean, Boolean, Sdl. Enterprise2. Platform. Client. IdentityModel. PersistOption),

Help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Cordini
English
Do you have an updated version? Oct 22, 2012

Hi,

have you made sure you are running an updated version of MultiTerm?

have you tried re-installing?

Not sure this would help, but have you tried saving the TermBase in a different location?

Lorenzo

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, as far as I know! Oct 22, 2012

Hi,

I installed SDL MultiTerm 2011 and the service pack SP1 but I'll try re-installing it. I'll also try saving the Termbase in a different location.

Thanks Lorenzo and I'll let you know if it works!

Lorenzo Cordini
English
The latest version is SP2 Oct 23, 2012

Hi Karen,

just to let you know that the latest version is SP2 of 16 July 2012.

Lorenzo

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
latest version SP2 Oct 24, 2012

Hi Lorenzo,

Yes, thanks I realised that after I had answered your first message and thought that that was maybe the reason why I got that error message, but unfortunately not!

I also tried to change the location of the Termbase which didn't help.

I've posted a support case at SDL to see if they can help.

Thanks for your help.

Marjorie Frot
France
English to French
Same problem Jan 18, 2013

Hi Karen,

I have the same problem. Have you managed to solve it? If yes, can you tell me how?

Marjorie

merinber
Germany
German to English
MultiTerm Jan 18, 2013

Please try this:

Close MultiTerm. Locate the following directory (path applies to Windows XP):
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm9

and rename it by adding the prefix 'x' as shown below

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\xMultiTerm9
Now try restarting MultiTerm.

Hope this helps!

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
files incompatible! Jan 18, 2013

Marjorie Frot wrote:

Hi Karen,

I have the same problem. Have you managed to solve it? If yes, can you tell me how?

Marjorie

Hello,

I seem to think it was because the files weren't compatible, or I thought that they weren't compatible, since the files in the lesson were created before they upgraded to Trados Studio 2011. Or it might have been a problem with the SP2 pack (which needed to be downloaded again, sorry I can't actually remember as I had quite a few problems with the lessons that were given in 'Getting Started'. I ended up just playing around with the MuliTerm myself and seeing as I didn't have any problems creating my own termbases I may just have given up trying! You could also try looking on Utube:http://www.youtube.com/user/sdltrados/videos?view=0

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Knowledge Base Jan 19, 2013

Hi all

The following KB article gives you an explanation and resolution to the problem:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4464&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Hope this helps.

Richard

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
How do you find this information? Jan 20, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Hi all

The following KB article gives you an explanation and resolution to the problem:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4464&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Hope this helps.

Richard

Hello Richard,

Once I'd looked at your link I remembered that I finally came to the same conclusion myself-- that I needed to download the SP2 for Studio.

My question is how could I have found this information on your site since I did actually look on your solution finder? I did spend quite a long time looking at this and never found the article on your link which would have saved me many hours!

Thanks

Karen

mfillastre  Identity Verified
French to English
Unable to create or use a termbase Mar 5, 2013

I'm having the same problem although I have installed Studio 2011 SP2 and Multiterm SP2. I'm Working on Windows 7 and Office 2010. The KB article solution did not work for me.

jkeady  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:08
German to English
+ ...
Same Problem Despite Installing Both Service Packs Jun 28, 2013

I have also installed SP2 for both MultiTerm and Studio and I'm still getting the same error message. Any other suggestions? (I'm working with Windows Vista.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 2011

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search