Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Studio 2011 SP2R suddenly can't recognise XLS files!
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere
Juan Nuño
Juan Nuño  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:57
English to Spanish
Thank you! Mar 9, 2017

It worked for me.

MICHIRU YABU wrote:

My way to work around this problem is;
- Open the Excel file then save it as XML spreadsheet 2003
- Open the XML spreadsheet in Trados and compete translation then save the translation file as XML spreadsheet
- Open the translation file (XML spreadsheet) in Excel then save it as Excel book.

There may be unwanted lines produced in Trados but it is the best way I figured out for now.

If there are many words which do not need to be translated contained in the source file, I recommend to extract only what needs to be translated to a new file to use in Trados.

My work setting is;
- Windows 10
- Trados Studio 2011 SP2
- MS Office 2016

I hope it helps a bit.

AaronArthur
AaronArthur
Local time: 19:57
Japanese to English
Thanks! Jun 23, 2022

MICHIRU YABU wrote:

My way to work around this problem is;
- Open the Excel file then save it as XML spreadsheet 2003
- Open the XML spreadsheet in Trados and compete translation then save the translation file as XML spreadsheet
- Open the translation file (XML spreadsheet) in Excel then save it as Excel book.

There may be unwanted lines produced in Trados but it is the best way I figured out for now.

If there are many words which do not need to be translated contained in the source file, I recommend to extract only what needs to be translated to a new file to use in Trados.

My work setting is;
- Windows 10
- Trados Studio 2011 SP2
- MS Office 2016

I hope it helps a bit.

Michiru,

I realize your post is now 6 years old, but I just started having the same problem and your answer saved the day. Thanks!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 SP2R suddenly can't recognise XLS files!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »