Exclude Number-only Segments in Trados 2009 Analysis
Thread poster: Derek Zhang

Derek Zhang
Local time: 04:40
English to Japanese
Oct 23, 2012

Hi, I come from a translation company, and I have a problem in wordcount analysis using Trados 2009 (sp3-9.1.2307.8).

The source MIF documents contain tens of thousands of number-only segments. We used to use Trados 2007 to analyze them, and those segments will not be calculated. After upgrading to Trados 2009, we are surprised that those number-only segments are either analyzed as 100% matches or repetitions. Since we charge 10% rate for both 100% matches and repetitions, it means clients will have to pay extra money for those number-only segments, which actually are pre-translated. They are not satisfied with the result and argued that there must be some settings which will exclude those number only segments when analyzing the documents.

A simple solution may be charging nothing on 100% matches and repetitions. However, 100% matches can be divided into two groups: “number only” segments and “text” segments. It takes time to check those “text” segments, and the charge is necessary. Is it possible to exclude the number only segments from the analysis result like Trados 2007 did?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Derek Zhang
Local time: 04:40
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Is there any solution? Oct 26, 2012

Hi all, I checked my forum post everyday but there was no reply. Is there any solution, or it is just an unchangeable feature of Trados 2009?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exclude Number-only Segments in Trados 2009 Analysis

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search