Exclude Number-only Segments in Trados 2009 Analysis
Thread poster: Derek Zhang
Derek Zhang
Local time: 16:26
English to Japanese
Oct 23, 2012

Hi, I come from a translation company, and I have a problem in wordcount analysis using Trados 2009 (sp3-9.1.2307.8).

The source MIF documents contain tens of thousands of number-only segments. We used to use Trados 2007 to analyze them, and those segments will not be calculated. After upgrading to Trados 2009, we are surprised that those number-only segments are either analyzed as 100% matches or repetitions. Since we charge 10% rate for both 100% matches and repetitions, it means clients will have to pay extra money for those number-only segments, which actually are pre-translated. They are not satisfied with the result and argued that there must be some settings which will exclude those number only segments when analyzing the documents.

A simple solution may be charging nothing on 100% matches and repetitions. However, 100% matches can be divided into two groups: “number only” segments and “text” segments. It takes time to check those “text” segments, and the charge is necessary. Is it possible to exclude the number only segments from the analysis result like Trados 2007 did?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Derek Zhang
Local time: 16:26
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Is there any solution? Oct 26, 2012

Hi all, I checked my forum post everyday but there was no reply. Is there any solution, or it is just an unchangeable feature of Trados 2009?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exclude Number-only Segments in Trados 2009 Analysis

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search