TRADOS 2011: how to add all segments to the TM?
Thread poster: xxxhrvatski
xxxhrvatski  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:40
Croatian to French
+ ...
Oct 23, 2012

Dear,

Please, in SDL TRADOS 2011, is it possible to select ALL segments at the same time, in order to add them in the opened Translation Memory?

To save a memory translation, what's the better way, choosing the Translation Memory, then "Export", or copying the "SDL File-Based Translation Memory" file?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
At least two ways... Oct 24, 2012

... you can use a Batch task to update the TM with confirmed and/or unconfirmed segments:

Project -> Batch Tasks -> Update Main Translation Memories

You could manually select all the segments, manually set the confirmed status (if they are not already) and then run the same batch task... but as you don't need to do this it hardly seems worthwhile in your case.

Or... just import the sdlxliff into your TM.

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
English
TM Backups Oct 24, 2012

hrvatski wrote:

To save a memory translation, what's the better way, choosing the Translation Memory, then "Export", or copying the "SDL File-Based Translation Memory" file?

When you say save... I guess you mean back up as you already have the sdltm? So I would make a copy of the sdltm and take a TMX export (I'm just paranoid about all important data)

Regards

Paul

xxxhrvatski  Identity Verified
Croatian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 24, 2012

Thanks for your answers.

I imported (open then import) a TM (tmx file) created with "Across". I'm asking you because in this software, when all the segments are translated, the software offer you to add it all in TM automically, or continue the task.
That thing isn't clear for me with SDL Trados.

Please, may you help me about how to create these Batch tasks?

Regards.

United Kingdom
English
When you translate... Oct 24, 2012

hrvatski wrote:

Thanks for your answers.

I imported (open then import) a TM (tmx file) created with "Across". I'm asking you because in this software, when all the segments are translated, the software offer you to add it all in TM automically, or continue the task.
That thing isn't clear for me with SDL Trados.

Please, may you help me about how to create these Batch tasks?

Regards.

... I would have expected you to be confirming (ctrl+enter) as you work. This action sends the translation to the TM so under normal circumstances, when you are the only one in the workflow there is no need to run a batch task anyway.

However, if you someone have a translated file in Studio that has not been added to the TM as you work then you can do the two things I mentioned. You don't have to create this batch task... it's already there:

Project -> Batch Tasks -> Update Main Translation Memories

I have the feeling that these answers are way off what you are actually doing. Perhaps you could explain, step by step, what you have actually done in Studio and then we can give you a more helpful response... I think.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 2011: how to add all segments to the TM?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search