Question about Studio 2011 Freelance Plus licencing
Thread poster: raquel sevilla

raquel sevilla  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:14
French to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 24, 2012

Hi everyone! Hope you can help me with this.

I'm thinking about getting SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus, which provides activation for 2 PCs.
I wonder if that means that 2 different persons can use this product (so as to share the product cost), or if it is for personal use only (1 person with 2 computers).

Thks!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Single-person use Oct 24, 2012

Freelance Plus gives you a Single User License Code that can be activated on two different machines and used by the same person.
So, two different people can't share it.

Elena Reggiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Dutch to Italian
+ ...
The 2 licenses do not work simultaneously? Oct 24, 2012

Hi everyone,
I was asking myself the same question.
The official description for the Plus version says: "SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus provides the convenience of an extra activation to allow you to work on 2 PCs simultaneously".
That's (intentionally?) not so clear: is it possible to work with Studio 2011 from 2 PCs simultaneously or not? That is to say, can 2 translators work on 2 different computers simultaneously using the same Plus license?
With Trados 2007 it was not, so what's new with this "Plus" version?
I wish SDL was more transparent on this point, as a corporate license would be far more expensive for a couple of translators working under the same roof.
Thanks for raising this issue, Raquel, let's see if someone can help us!

I wish you all a nice dayicon_smile.gif
Elena

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
clarification Oct 24, 2012

you can have Studio 2011 installed and fully operative on two computers with the Freelance licence.
it is up to you if you want to share it with someone.
you will have only one licence, but two people can share the same username and password to get the SP updates.
so, it can be used by two people without problems.

kind regards.

raquel sevilla  Identity Verified
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for answering... Oct 24, 2012

Thanks for answering and/or sharing my question.

As different opinions have raised, it will be great to have other people answering too.

Diegol  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:14
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Uninstalling Trados plus in one of the machines only Feb 20, 2013

If I need to uninstall Trados only in one computer, will it affecta the other computer installation?

Thanks!

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
not at all Feb 20, 2013

Diegol wrote:

If I need to uninstall Trados only in one computer, will it affecta the other computer installation?

Thanks!

hi Diegol, no not at all. it won't affect the other compueter. the only important thing is should remember to deactivate the Studio licence before uninstalling it.

Ekhangel
Trados Jul 5

Has anything changed over time regarding this?

I'm wondering whether SDL actually cares and verifies if the two activations are used by the same person or not? I can't think of any possible way to verify such a thing, but maybe I'm not familiar with the CIA ways of doing things yet.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about Studio 2011 Freelance Plus licencing

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search