https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/235910-setting_up_automatic_translation_rules_for_numbers.html

setting up automatic translation rules for numbers
Thread poster: Pascal Zotto
Pascal Zotto
Pascal Zotto  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 04:37
Member (2009)
Dutch to Luxembourgish
+ ...
Oct 24, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to change those automatic translation rules for numbers in Trados 2011? I figured out, that some rules for Luxembourgish (and in think German too) are wrong:

5% becomes 5% but according to official grammar it should be 5 % with a nonbreaking space in between of the number and the %-sign

How can I tell Trados to translate these the way they should be translated?

Thanks for the help.
Pascal

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Yep... Oct 24, 2012

Hi Pascal,

Go to Tools -> Options -> Language Pairs ->Specific Language Pair (so not All Language Pairs)

Then Translation Memory and Automated Translation -> Autosubstitution -> Measurements

In here you can set custom spaces, or use the options that are most relevant to you:

Regards

Paul

Pascal Zotto
Pascal Zotto  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2009)
Dutch to Luxembourgish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul Oct 24, 2012

that helped. What about numbers? 1.000 vs 1 000

in German they are set to 1.000 in Trados (which is what most people use) but the official recommended standard by Duden and Wahrig is 1 000

[Bearbeitet am 2012-10-24 15:11 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Tricky because of the way we autolocalize numbers... Oct 24, 2012

... by using the o/s system settings. I guess you could try the advice in here...

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211903-studio_2009:_tm_does_not_recognize_nubmers.html#2036734

Not ideal, but it might help. The problem of course (assuming it works) is that this will not travel along the su
... See more
... by using the o/s system settings. I guess you could try the advice in here...

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211903-studio_2009:_tm_does_not_recognize_nubmers.html#2036734

Not ideal, but it might help. The problem of course (assuming it works) is that this will not travel along the supply chain as it will be user specific.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

setting up automatic translation rules for numbers

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »