Jorge Nunes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:25
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 24, 2012

Hello,

I use Trados 2009 for some time now and I master the basic features, but there's still a lot I need to learn.

I purchased two licenses and have Trados installed in my desktop as well as my laptop (both Macs). Today I had to switch computers and therefore needed to transfer the project from one to the other.

I figured the best way would be to create a Projet Package, something I had never tried before.

I checked some reference materials and tutorials and set out to doing it, but I couldn't. As I selected the project, the Create Projct Package was not not highlighted and I was therefore not able to create it. I tried it with several different projects, and one of them allowed me to create a project package, which makes me thing this is not a software problem at all, but rather some kind of setting I'm unaware of.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:25
English
Professional vs Freelance Oct 25, 2012

Hello Jorge,

Maybe this is because you don't have the right version? Creating a Project Package is only possible with the Professional License.

So if you have the Freelance version and want to share Projects then just copy the Project folder onto the other machine and after updating just copy the sdlxliff files from the target language folder bacckwards and forwards between machines as needed.

Regards

Paul

Jorge Nunes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:25
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 25, 2012

Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for your help.

You're right, that's it. I own the freelance edition, so that pretty much explains it.

Also, thank you for helping me out with a simple solution to switch between computers. That's just what I needed and I really appreciate it.

Kind regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009: Can't create a Project Package

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search