What to do to avoid Trados count numbers in documents?
Thread poster: Paola Schiantarelli

Paola Schiantarelli  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 25, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I am writing in this forum to ask if you know what I have to do in Trados Studio 2011 to avoid it counts numbers inserted in documents. I know that in Trados 2007, numbers were not regarded in the final wordcount of the document but I have checked that in the new versions it does. I have lots of documents with numbers that I don´t want to charge to the client so I wanted to know the best way to avoid this number counting.

I would really appreciate if you could give me some directions, if they exist or other possibilities that could help me count files faster and easily without having numbers into account. I know that in some cases, Trados could take them as variables.

Thank you very much for your support and time to answer to my question.

Best regards,

Paola

Direct link Reply with quote

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:18
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
placeables Oct 26, 2012

Analyse your files and then look at the report.
Your numbers are included in the placeables along with all other content that does not require translation.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do to avoid Trados count numbers in documents?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search