Thread poster: Thomas Hirsch

Thomas Hirsch  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:51
Member (2009)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Oct 25, 2012

I have updated to Office 2010 because more and more docx documents were problematic to convert to word 2003.
But now, in Word 2010, the Trados 2007 Toolbar to translate directly in Word documents ist gone.

But I have a client who requires this combination: Word (not Tag Editor) and Trados 2007.

Does the Trados 2007 plugin work with 2010 or do I have to downgrade Word again?

thanks, Thomas

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I found on SDL troubleshooting section a non 100 % indication how to improvise a solution:

"SDL Trados 2007 Suite toolbar compatibility with Microsoft Office 2010"

It worked, I hope without further system damage, and I have the toolbar now.

Users of a spanisch word 2010 version: please note, that you must copy the two dotm files to the spanish, not to the english startup folder in yaour AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Word folder.

Thanks to all.

[Edited at 2012-10-25 17:03 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:51
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Sticky thread Oct 25, 2012

Please check out the sticky thread on this subject:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/158614-trados_2007_toolbar_disappears_in_word_2007.html

You'll be able to get it to work following the instructions there unless you've got a 64-bit version of Office.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Trados 2007 toolbar in Word 2010

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search