Thread poster: Alberto Montpellier

Alberto Montpellier  Identity Verified
Cuba
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Oct 26, 2012

Once more, Trados Studio surprises me with a whimsical error while translating an Excel worksheet.

The sheet is about some replies from a client to a deliverable produced by a Contractor, which consisted of a single column recording the comments to each item.
Most of the replies read simply "Noted" and there were some other more elaborate replies.
I took a general glance to the document and then I loaded it in Studio and started to translate. Once I finished, I produced the target document and when I checked I realized there were some replies that Studio missed to display in the .xliff file ...AND REPLACED THEM... with the most repeated replies "Noted" in the same cell.
Curiously, the text aligment throughout the whole column was to the center, but the cells which were replaced with "Noted" were left-aligned.

It's a good thing I double-checked the target file against the original source text, otherwise I would have missed many important pieces of information that had totally disappeared and been replaced with other text who knows why.

In the end I had to translate such cells "in the old fashion".

I'd like SDL Support to say something about this, because this type of error is really unacceptable.

Thanks in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 fails to display text in some .xlsx sheet cells

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search