Studio 2011 with Multiterm - two language pairs
Thread poster: palemanni
palemanni
United States
Local time: 15:43
English to Italian
Oct 30, 2012

I have two multiterm files that I used with SDL 2007 and that now I would like to use them both with Studio 2011/Multiterm 2011 - freelance. The problem is that they are in two different languages pairs (one is IT > EN and one is EN >IT). I tried many different ways, but Multiterm seems to recognize only one pair and not the other one. I was able to swith language pairs very easily in SLD 2007. Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

ErikAnderson3
Local time: 14:43
Your circumstances are unclear -- could you explain? Nov 9, 2012

palemanni wrote:

I have two multiterm files that I used with SDL 2007 and that now I would like to use them both with Studio 2011/Multiterm 2011 - freelance. The problem is that they are in two different languages pairs (one is IT > EN and one is EN >IT). I tried many different ways, but Multiterm seems to recognize only one pair and not the other one. I was able to swith language pairs very easily in SLD 2007. Any suggestions?

MultiTerm is a multilingual termbase. This means that, if you create a termbase with Italian and English terms in it, that termbase works as both EN>IT and IT>EN.

Consequently, I'm a bit confused when you say that you have two MultiTerm files, one for each direction. Do the two files have the same terms in them? If so, you only need one of them. Also, what is the file format? Are these files the actual MultiTerm file-based termbases? Or are they exports from MultiTerm into some other format (such as XML or TXT)?

Curious,

-- Erik Anderson

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 with Multiterm - two language pairs

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search