Thread poster: xxxhrvatski
xxxhrvatski  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:41
Croatian to French
+ ...
Oct 30, 2012

Dear,

I saw something strange in SDL TRADOS.

If I clic on the icon "translates" (tool bar, above, on the right), OR "CTRL + ENTER", the software adds the segment into the Memory Translation.

But, when I select a (cible) segment, then make a right click mouse, and "modify status, choose "translated", OR the same thing in a source segment ", SDL TRADOS does not add the translation in the Memory Translation (the right TM languages pair is open).

Please, could you tell me why? Is it normal ?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Normal behaviour Oct 30, 2012

Yes, this is how it should work. Translation status is to show you or a project manager/reviewer that a particular segment has been confirmed in that file as correct. It doesn't mean the segment has been sent to your TM. that's why it's usual to click "ctrl+Enter" to move to the next segment because that's how the segment gets saved in your TM.
However, if you have changed the status of several or all segments by using a right mouse click, simply run batch tasks "update project/main translation memories" to save these segments to the TM.
HTH,
Emma

xxxhrvatski  Identity Verified
Croatian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right Oct 30, 2012

Dear Mrs Goldsmith,

Thank you so much for your answer.
It's a little thing, but that's not clear in the help file.

Have a good day!

Cordially

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add to memory translation

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search