Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:01
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 30, 2012

Dear colleagues,

Up till now I have been using SDL Trados 2006, using the SDLX part mostly. Now I want to start using SDL Trados Studio 2011, but I am not sure which version I need.

Would it be sufficient for me to buy the software and install the "SDLX Translation Memory Plug-in for SDL Trados Studio" (http://www.translationzone.com/en/openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=129) to be able to use my old SDLX TM's in .mdb format? (I don't have any TM's in .tmx format.)

Or do I need the SDL Trados Studio 2011 + SDL Trados 2007 Suite to be able to use those SDLX TM's?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You only need SDL Trados Studio 2011 Oct 30, 2012

Hi,

I guess you already have SDLX so no need to purchase SDL Trados 2007 Suite other than to also get the latest version of SDLX too. Might be useful if you wanted to use SDLX for the occasional thing as you are no doubt very familiar with it.

Studio can upgrade your SDLX memories to SDLTM format and then you can use these instead as you start building your own new TMs in Studio.

The plugin is also good because these negates the need to upgrade, and it's also free. But you do get benefits from upgrading because Studio can optimise the TM for use with Studio during the process... but there is nothing to prevent you from doing it all. You won't lose your old memories.

Regards

Paul

Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 31, 2012

Hi Paul,

Thank you for explaining this to me!

Cheers,
Hester

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using .mdb format in Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search