https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/236300-trados_2009_termbase_issue.html

Trados 2009 Termbase issue
Thread poster: Sacha Quadrelli
Sacha Quadrelli
Sacha Quadrelli  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:46
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 30, 2012

Hello all,
I have recently installed Trados 2009 onto a new computer, and it has returned to all the default settings. On my last computer, when using the termbase, if a single word appeared more than once in a segment, a translation would be suggested by the termbase everytime the first letter of word was typed in. Now, in the default setting, once the word is "used" the first time, it is not suggested again if the word appears a second or third time in the segment. I want the word to be
... See more
Hello all,
I have recently installed Trados 2009 onto a new computer, and it has returned to all the default settings. On my last computer, when using the termbase, if a single word appeared more than once in a segment, a translation would be suggested by the termbase everytime the first letter of word was typed in. Now, in the default setting, once the word is "used" the first time, it is not suggested again if the word appears a second or third time in the segment. I want the word to be suggested everytime I enter the first letter. I made this change before, but now I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Collapse

J Fox
J Fox  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 13:46
German to English
+ ...
Tools / Options / Autosuggest Oct 30, 2012

Hi, have a look at Tools / Options / Autosuggest and remove the tick (check) from "Hide suggestions which have already been used". Then click OK.
Hope this helps.
Jayne

Sacha Quadrelli
Sacha Quadrelli  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:46
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 30, 2012

That seems to have done the trick. Cheers!

J Fox
J Fox  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 13:46
German to English
+ ...
More details Nov 1, 2012

I wrote up this issue in more detail on my blog. Here are the instructions, plus links to more info about using MultiTerm in Trados Studio:

http://foxdocs.biz/BetweenTranslations/how-to-set-up-trados-studio-to-repeat-term-suggestions/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 Termbase issue

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »