Possible to pre-populate at once the fields to translate in Studio 2011?
Thread poster: antoine101
antoine101  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:23
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 30, 2012

Hi,

I purchased not long ago Studio 2011.

I like the TM+Automatic translation functionality but my problem is that my internet connection is really slow, therefore I have to wait like 4 to 5 seconds everytime a suggested translation is searched for.

I'd like to know if it's possible to somehow pretranslate the whole translation at once (even if I have to wait one time for 20 minutes) with the best suggestions, instead of waiting for each cell to be searched for (If there are 2000 cells to translate, I prefer to wait once 20 minutes than 2000 times 5 seconds).

Hoping my question is clear enough, otherwise I'll formulate again,

thanks!

[Edited at 2012-10-30 23:42 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:23
English
Clear enough... Oct 31, 2012

Hi Antoine,

If you go here:

Tools -> Options -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Batch Processing -> Pre-translate Files

Then check the box that says "When no match is found -> Apply automated translation"

If it's an existing project you are doing this for then make this change in Project Settings rather than Tools Options.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible to pre-populate at once the fields to translate in Studio 2011?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search