Studio 2011; error message when trying to update from external review
Thread poster: Anders Nylén

Anders Nylén  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:00
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 1, 2012

Hi!

I am trying to update an xliff with an external review file (review.docx) but when I add it I get an error message saying; "The document layout cannot be identified".

First I thought that it had something to do with the client naming the review file he sent me;

"xxxx.mif.review - korrektur xxxx.docx"

so I copied it, and renamed it:

"xxxx.mif.review.docx" (because it appeared not to be interpreted as a bilingual file (?) when named as above, that is "review - korrektur xxxx.docx, so I could not even add it, without changing to search for "all files" instead of "bilingual files")

and then added it.

But I still get that error message?

I chose "Add - Specific Bilingual Review Document" obviously.

I would be very grateful for a quick reply!

Best regards,

Alfonsito04

Direct link Reply with quote

Freisk  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 07:00
Member (2011)
English to French
Issue here as well, try maybe "SDL XLIFF Convertor for Microsoft Office" Nov 5, 2012

Hi Alfonso,

I actually also have issues using that new integrated feature in the latest version of Trados 2011 - I believe I used it twice and it failed twice.
Error message in my case was: Problem when merging content of segment 1
(very explicit...)

I think next time, I will use SDL XLIFF Convertor for Microsoft Office (available in your menu Start/SDL/SDL Trados Studio 2011/Open Exchange Apps) - it worked perfectly earlier this year for me so I'm hoping it still work...

Good luck

Séb

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011; error message when trying to update from external review

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search