International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

After adding a new file, "No Tasks Available" !!
Thread poster: Ali M. Alsaqqa

Ali M. Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:54
English to Arabic
Nov 1, 2012

Hello,

So in studio, I have an already created project with a number of old files.

Now I switch to source language, add new file. Next step is right click, batch tasks and...No Tasks Available ??

Why? Why I cannot do anything? The file is only there for view in source folder and not in target forlder, so I can do nothing!

When I created a test project I was able to add the file and then do any task I want, e.g. prepare without project TM.

I am not understanding anything. I even tried adding different file (a .pdf) to the same old project, but the same problem repeated! Although Studio shows the file usage is "translatable" !

Any idea?

[Edited at 2012-11-01 15:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-01 15:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-01 15:53 GMT]

Sam Pinson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:54
Member (2011)
Russian to English
Is the project marked complete in Trados? Nov 1, 2012

I've hit this before. You can only run batch tasks in an active project.

Ali M. Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:54
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Yes !! Nov 1, 2012

Sam Pinson wrote:

I've hit this before. You can only run batch tasks in an active project.

Stupid I. Yes that solved it, many many thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After adding a new file, "No Tasks Available" !!

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search