Change a term in 84 files using TRADOS 2009
Thread poster: Masaomi Yanagisawa

Masaomi Yanagisawa
France
Local time: 23:58
English to Japanese
Nov 2, 2012

Dear Colleague,

I am using TRADOS Studio 2009 and looking for a solution for changing a translated term to a new one in the middle of translation.

If the change is required only in one file, simply "search and replace" will do the job. But this time the problem is that the term is used in 84 different files. Is there a method to globally change the term? The 84 files are located in one project.

I found a posting on this subject. Suggested solution is to merge all files. But I would rather like to keep all files separate as that is the required by the client.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/138947-trados_2009:_find_replace_in_multiple_files.html

Thank you in advance.
Masaomi Yanagisawa (Japanese translator)

[Edited at 2012-11-02 03:40 GMT]

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:58
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Do it in the TM Nov 2, 2012

Export the TM as txt, search and replace in Notepad+, re-import TM into Studio and translate the original files automatically.

Masaomi Yanagisawa
France
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 2, 2012

Dear Heinrich,

Thank you for this idea. Yes, it may be the best solution if such functionality is not build in TRADOS.

Based on your idea, I will simply amend the main TM and apply it to all files. I think this will save the time of exporting.

Best Wishes,
Masaomi

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Or.... Nov 2, 2012

... use the Batch Search & Replace application from the Open Exchange which can resolve this for you without having to export to TMX (not TXT) or having to amend your Main TM.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2012-11-02 07:47 GMT]

Masaomi Yanagisawa
France
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 2, 2012

Dear Paul,

Thank you for this. I will try this application.

Best Wishes,
Masaomi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change a term in 84 files using TRADOS 2009

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search