Trados Studio 2011: Possibility to enter fuzzy match rates?
Thread poster: Sandra Westphal

Sandra Westphal  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:32
English to German
Nov 2, 2012

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to working with Trados Studio 2011 and have the following question:

Is it possible to enter the (reduced) word rates for fuzzy matches so I know what exactly to invoice later?

Or at least mark and show the different match percentages?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Sandra

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
- Nov 2, 2012

enter and show where?

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
- Nov 2, 2012

That would be part of my question - is it possible and in which view? Editor, report,...?

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:32
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Trados analysis Nov 2, 2012

You need to perform a Trados analysis before you start translating in Editor View:
Project - Batch Tasks - Analyze Files, then click Reports View on lower left hand side of the window.

and you'll end up with some thing like this:

and you can save it as an excel file or other formats

Personally, I then use an excel file, inputting the corresponding discount rates, which automatically tots up the figures, something like this:

Mexico
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
BTW Nov 2, 2012

If you've already started the translation just disable or remove the TM and open you ST to get a fresh analysis

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
- Nov 2, 2012

Thanks, Rich!

I've just tried it as you describe. Problem: when I choose Project - Batch tasks the opening menu is empty ('no tasks available').

Do I have to define the Trados analysis as a task before?

Mexico
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Sorry! Nov 2, 2012

forgot to mention, to make the tasks avaibable you need to save the project first.

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Nov 2, 2012

Thanks again for your help, Rich! That was exactly what I was looking for!icon_smile.gif

Mexico
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
You're welcome! Nov 2, 2012

I don't know if you're any good with excel files, but I haven't got a clue. The calculator in the second image was sent to me by a client, but it is pretty useful so I'll send it to you if you like.

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
That.... Nov 2, 2012

... would be great!!

I'm not really an Excel expert so I'd be happy if you could send me that fileicon_smile.gif.

SandraDavid
France
English to French
+ ...
Placeables - TM Jul 23, 2013

Hi !

Richard, thank you for your explanations and example xls file. I have experience in the profession but not as a freelancer so everything is a bit confused for me as regards rates, fuzzy matches and so on. Your file is a very good idea instead of paper, pen and calculator!
Anyway I have another question for you : how do you manage the placeables? Are they counted as new words (apparently you don't substract them from your total number of words) or just diregarded?
And another thing that I am wondering : when you start the analysis, isn't it better not to associate a personal TM (i.e. not a specific TM provided by the agency) to the project so that it does not corrupt the counting and add it once the counting is over?

Thanks !

Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011: Possibility to enter fuzzy match rates?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search