https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/236503-studio_2009_sp3_term_recognition_doesnt_work.html

Studio 2009 SP3: Term Recognition doesn't work!
Thread poster: Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 07:21
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Nov 2, 2012

Hi all!

I have a strange problem with the Term Recognition feature in Studio 2009 SP3. Although I have successfully added the termbase file to the project (i.e. the green tick marks appear next to the termbase name), the terms do not automatically appear in the Term Recognition window when a segment is selected. I can only perform a "Termbase search" and find the terms manually. How can I fix this issue?

Thank you in advance!

SameraD
SameraD
Local time: 04:51
English to Dutch
SP2 Nov 4, 2012

It's a well-known problem. Have you checked the following thread?
http://fra.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/182638-term_recognition_doesnt_work_in_trados_studio_2009_sp3.html

If you can't find a solution it would be better to go back to SP2.

Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 07:21
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WorkBench is the cause! Nov 5, 2012

Thank you SameraD!

Unfortunately, I cannot roll back to SP2 because the SP3 files received from my client do not function correctly in SP2.

After digging several resources and getting help from other colleagues (many thanks to Astrid!), it seems that the main cause of this issue is using Trados 2007 WorkBench when Studio is installed. I had to re-install the whole Studio package and the problem is solved for now (until I have to open WorkBench again for other jobs)!
... See more
Thank you SameraD!

Unfortunately, I cannot roll back to SP2 because the SP3 files received from my client do not function correctly in SP2.

After digging several resources and getting help from other colleagues (many thanks to Astrid!), it seems that the main cause of this issue is using Trados 2007 WorkBench when Studio is installed. I had to re-install the whole Studio package and the problem is solved for now (until I have to open WorkBench again for other jobs)!

Cheers!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 SP3: Term Recognition doesn't work!

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »