Unlock content with Batch Search/Replace for Studio 2009
Thread poster: Masaomi Yanagisawa

Masaomi Yanagisawa
France
Local time: 20:42
English to Japanese
Nov 4, 2012

Dear Paul at ADL support,

Thank you for introducing the Batch Search/Replace Application. It works well for multiple files.

However, I put check on "Lock segment" in the "Update Status" section. As the result, when I opened the file using Studio 2009, I found that the segment where the Batch Search/Replace is applied is all locked.

- Is there a solution to unlock all locked segments in a file at once?

- Or, is there a solution to unlock all locked segments in multiple files at once?

The explanation of this application says: "Users can also use Batch Search/Replace Application tool to update segment Confirmation Statuses, lock segments or unlock any locked content."

Unfortunately "Unlock content" option in the "Update Status" section" section is grayed out.

- How can I use "Unlock content" option?

Best Wishes,
Masaomi Yanagisawa (Japanese translator)

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Using unlocked content option Nov 4, 2012

Hi,

This option is activated when you tick the search in locked content box. The effect is that any matches in segments with locked content will be unlocked when you subsequently ask the application to update the segment with the unlock content checked.

So if you run the same search (based on whatever you replaced with) and replace with the same text as the search text (so you don't actually make any textual changes) you should find the same segments and can unlock them.

Alternatively open the file in Studio, select all the segments in the file and unlock them in one go.

Regards

Paul

Masaomi Yanagisawa
France
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Still Unlock content option is greyed out Nov 4, 2012

Dear Paul,

Thank you for prompt reply.

Unlocking segments by using same term in find and replace is a marvelous idea.

But I am still unable to check the "Unlock content" option in the "Update Status" section, even when the "Include locked content" box is ticked in the "Find" panel. Do you have any solution for this?

Best Wishes,
Masaomi

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Did you check the option... Nov 4, 2012

... in Find or in Find & Replace? Just checking!

Regards

Paul

Masaomi Yanagisawa
France
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
I see Nov 4, 2012

Dear Paul,

Thank you for this. I now understand that I have to tick the "Include nlocked content" in "Find & Replace" panel rather than "Find" panel.

Best Wishes,
Masaomi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unlock content with Batch Search/Replace for Studio 2009

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search