Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 02:54
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Nov 5, 2012

Hello eveybody,

I have .sdlxliff file (studio 2011) and the customer needs it into RTF. Can you tell if it is possible, does exist a software for that?

Thank you very much (it is quite urgent).

Best regards,
Sandrine

Direct link Reply with quote

Annelise Brincker  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 03:54
English to Danish
+ ...
Copy/paste Nov 5, 2012

Hi

If you can't use "Save target as", you can copy all the translated text into Word and save as an rtf-file.

This will, however, require that you go through and remove line breaks, which can be a hassle if the file is big. And it does not take any formatting with it.

Kind regards
Annelise

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
bilingual text Nov 5, 2012

Thank you Annelise for you answer. I forgot to mention that the customer wants a bilingual version in RTF format.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You could try... Nov 5, 2012

... using the sdlxliff to legacy converter from the openechange. That will get you Bilingual doc that may be ok when saved as rtf. But if your client wants the old bilingual rtf that will cleanup into the final file then you'll need to start from this rtf, save as bilingual doc, pretranslate in Studio and then save as bilngual doc, finally converting to rtf.

Or use the same old tools that they are using.

Regards

Paul

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download Nov 5, 2012

Thank you Paul and sorry for disturbing you. I tried but it didn't suggest to convert into RTF only .doc or .tmx. And it seems a strange presentation...Maybe is it normal? Do I have to change .doc into .rtf in the name of the document?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The problem is that this... Nov 5, 2012

... is an sdlxliff converted to bilingual doc and not the original file converted to bilingual doc. So it's great for review... and possibly for cleaning into a TM where future leverage isn't that important (apparently this is fine for many LSPs).

If you need the abity to cleanup the rtf and update the TM then you need to start from the rtf in the first place.

No need to apologise... I don't have my laptop with me so have limited my ability to do anything more than what's in my head!

Regards

Paul

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Find it Nov 5, 2012

Thank you Paul for your advises.

FInally, I converted into .ttx and copy and paste into word and I save as .rtf. After that, I realised that in fact it was the same presentation as the document I obtained with the sdlxliff to legacy converter. So this application is quite good for such conversion.

For the fact to clean the document, I don't know, the customer wantes only the bilingual document.

Thank you anyway for your help.

Sandrine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert sdlxliff into RTF

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search