Thread poster: Dr. Janos Annus

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 23:11
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 6, 2012

Dear All, I know it has been discussed at length, but I could not find any useful suggestion. I have to translate an Excel 2007 (.xlsx) file. I have Trados 7. I cannot make connection between the two applications. Under the Add-in option there is no option to select Trados (or any other third party application). I tried with Excel 2003, no success either. Please help. Many thanks. Janos.

Direct link Reply with quote

Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TagEditor Nov 6, 2012

Dear Janos,

it is not possible to use Trados directly in Excel (as opposed to Word).
In order to translate a xlsx file using Trados you have to open the xlsx file in TagEditor and save it as ttx file. Please make sure to keep the original xlsx file in the same folder as the ttx file because this file will be overwritten when saving target.
Furthermore, it is always a good idea to make a copy of both files in a separate folder, translate one or two segments of this ttx file (copy) and test "Save target" so as to see whether you will be able to create the target xlsx file after translation.

If you do not need to translate all content of the xlsx file, you may prepare the xlsx file accordingly, e.g. by masking single rows or columns.

HTH
Martina

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Köszönöm Nov 6, 2012

Nagyon köszönöm, fele már sikerült. Most még a target mentésével bajlódom. Még egyszer köszönöm,
János

Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Sorry, I do not speak Hungarian Nov 6, 2012

Dear Janos,

since I do not speak Hungarian, I was wondering whether you have another question or whether it was a simple "thank you". If the latter, you're welcome.
Otherwise, please describe your problem in English

Have a nice evening,
Martina

[Bearbeitet am 2012-11-06 18:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 and Excel 2007: cannot connect

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search