etaemy  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:58
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 7, 2012

I translated three (3) files excel.
The first contained 148 rows, the second had 653 rows and the third more than 3 thousand. I saved the target documents at the beginning of the job but at the end, when I tried to save them again, Trados didn't save the two longest files and it gave me the following message:

Failed to save target content: Document structure error: Translated text length for Name: "Top Phrases" is longer than allowed 31 characters. Please change the text and try again

I tried to rename the file, although I didn't think that was the problem, and it didn't work. Now I don't know what to do.

Can anyone please help?

Thank

[Modificato alle 2012-11-07 17:39 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2012-11-07 18:09 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Radian Yazynin  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:58
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
2 solutions Nov 7, 2012

If you tried to rename the file by making it shorter (just name it using one character temporarily) and it didn't work, you can try using another copy of the file in question and run it through the project memory (not the main one).

Italy
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
another solution Nov 7, 2012

@Radian

thank you

I had tried to rename the file with one character and it was useless, however, I shortened the text in the row that contained the translation of the label at the end of every excel file (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3). This label was renamed and required translation, although a shorter one. It is a requirement of excel, not of Trados and it worked for one file, not for the other, in which there must be another mistake

Thank you once again

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:58
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
31 characters Nov 7, 2012

are the maximum lenght for the name of each worksheet at an Excel file. The only thing you should do is find the translation of the worksheet name and use only 31 characters (blank spaces are also counted as character).

Regards

Clarisa

Italy
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yea got it thanks Nov 7, 2012

@Clarisa

Yes I got it, thank you!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados2009: failed to save target content: Document structure error: etc

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search