International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Trados 2009: Failed to save target content: Connection with server application error
Thread poster: etaemy

etaemy  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:20
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 7, 2012

I have translated a file.xls (excel) that has got more than 3 thousand rows. I saved the target documents at the beginning of the job but at the end, when I tried to save them again, Trados didn't save it and it gave to me the following message:

Failed to save target content: Connection with server application error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800x401A8

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

etaemy  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:20
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
one more info Nov 10, 2012

the source file I can't save as target has got two columns. I turned the Trados 2009 bilingual file .sdlxliff into 2007 file .ttx, then I opened it with Trados 2007 and saved the target file with the following result:

the resulting target file .xls has got only one column. Everything I translated wasn't set in its place, I don't have two columns anymore but just one. Do I really have to fix this manually with "cut and paste" or do the job from the beginning with no CAT tool?

Can anyone please help?

[Modificato alle 2012-11-10 14:30 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2012-11-10 14:31 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009: Failed to save target content: Connection with server application error

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search