Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:46
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 9, 2012

I do not find a command for confirming all translated segments to the TM in Studio 2011. Does anyone know the trick?

Direct link Reply with quote

Helen Zinni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:46
English to Italian
+ ...
Change segment status>Translated Nov 9, 2012

Hi Heinrich,

This is what I do:

1. Select the first segment of the file
2. Shift+click on the last segment of the file to select all segments (please make sure that the pointer is on the left column, the one which shows the number of segments)
3. While keeping the pointer on this left column, right click. A menu should appear
4. Select Change segment status>Translated

Hope this helps!

Happy Friday!

Helen

[Edited at 2012-11-09 12:44 GMT]

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
One more step is needed Nov 9, 2012

Changing the status to „Translated” this way is the first step, which does not put the segment into the TM. To achieve the latter, you should also update the TM/finalize, see:

http://proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/190210-confirm_all_in_trados_studio.html

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, thank you both Nov 9, 2012

It is rather complicated in Studio compared to WFP. In WFP when I hit Alt + End, the software automatically scans the file and updates the TM.
Perhaps it is easier I clean up the file (ttx) in WB and import the TM back into Studio.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
If all you want... Nov 9, 2012

... to do is update the TM you don't even have to confirm the segments. Just run a batch task to update the TM and check the segment statuses you want to be added to your TM (draft, translated, approved etc.)

Regards

Paul

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update does not work Nov 13, 2012

After all I tried the update as batch process, but every time I get a warning, that the TM cannot be found for my language pair. That is really ridicules, because have used the same TM from the start of the project and it is activated.
Why is this software so self-important that it thinks itself wiser than the user?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I confirm all changes in one go?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search