Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:48
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 10, 2012

Hello colleagues,
Could anyone tell me how to search and replace in many files by one click in Trados Studio?
I mean there are many files in one project in Trados Studio, when I found a translation is not accurate in one file and it's also existed in other files (I am not sure what the file is), how to search and replace the translation just by one click? It seems the current seach and replace function only works in the file is translating. I know Possolo has this function, does Trad
... See more
Hello colleagues,
Could anyone tell me how to search and replace in many files by one click in Trados Studio?
I mean there are many files in one project in Trados Studio, when I found a translation is not accurate in one file and it's also existed in other files (I am not sure what the file is), how to search and replace the translation just by one click? It seems the current seach and replace function only works in the file is translating. I know Possolo has this function, does Trados Studio has this function?

Best wishes,
Han
Collapse

pjg111
pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:48
English to French
Use an external SDL utility Nov 10, 2012

This feature is not implemented in Trados Studio 2011 but you can use free of charge SDL utility SDL Batch Find and Replace from SDL OpenExchange.

HTH.

Cheers.

Patrick

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 10, 2012

pjg111 wrote:

This feature is not implemented in Trados Studio 2011 but you can use free of charge SDL utility SDL Batch Find and Replace from SDL OpenExchange.

HTH.

Cheers.

Patrick

I have tried that, but it's not worked with Trados 2011. Is there any other tools we can use?

Cheers

Han

[Edited at 2012-11-10 04:26 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:48
English
Did you use... Nov 10, 2012

... the version installed with 2011? The 2009 OX app is for 2009 only. Look in the start menu under the SDL program group.

Regards

Paul

Han Li
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Nov 10, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

... the version installed with 2011? The 2009 OX app is for 2009 only. Look in the start menu under the SDL program group.

Regards

Paul

Yes, I use 2011. I just have got it. My OS is Windows 8 and the traditional start menu is replaced with Metro, so I did not find the function before.

Regards,
Han

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to search replace in many files by one click in Trados Studio

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »