Studio 2009: how to save translated files?
Thread poster: Barb Sandre
Barb Sandre
Barb Sandre
Canada
Local time: 07:24
German to English
Nov 11, 2012

Hat jemand Zeit um mir einen Tip zu geben. Bin ein relativer Neuling mit diesem Programm. Habe ein grosses Projekt gerade beendet mit vielen Dateien. Ich bin nicht sicher, da ich noch nie ein Projekt dieser Groesse mit Studio bearbeitet habe, ob ich Save as gebrauchen muss beim abspeichern der einzelnen Dateien und dann AE fuer Amerikanisch dran haenge, ober ob das Programm es fuer mich tut. Bei den ersten paar Uebersetzungen, die ich gemacht habe, habe ich einfach Save gedrueckt, und alles war ... See more
Hat jemand Zeit um mir einen Tip zu geben. Bin ein relativer Neuling mit diesem Programm. Habe ein grosses Projekt gerade beendet mit vielen Dateien. Ich bin nicht sicher, da ich noch nie ein Projekt dieser Groesse mit Studio bearbeitet habe, ob ich Save as gebrauchen muss beim abspeichern der einzelnen Dateien und dann AE fuer Amerikanisch dran haenge, ober ob das Programm es fuer mich tut. Bei den ersten paar Uebersetzungen, die ich gemacht habe, habe ich einfach Save gedrueckt, und alles war OK aber dieses mal haben wir verschiedene Ordner und Unterordner. Wenn ich mir die Files Ansicht ansehe, sieht es so aus, als waere ich nicht fertig. Ist es in der Tag so, dass ich die Dateien alle nochmal oeffnen muss und sie einfach mit Save abspeichere, damit sie dorthin kommen, wo sie hin sollen, oder habe ich was falsch gemacht. Genuegt es wenn ich sie einfach nochmal umbenenne, damit das Programm sie erkennt. Kann mir jemand bitte helfen? Ich bin confused...

Does anyone have the time to give me a tip. I am a relative novice with this program (self-taught so far). Have just finished translating a large project containing many files. I am not sure as I have never worked on a project of this size in Studio, whether I need to use "Save as" and add the language and then put them in a designated place or if the program does it for me. In the first few translations I did, I just pressed Save and it was OK but this time there are so many different directories and subdirectories and files. Wenn I look at the File View, it looks as though the job is not finished. Is it really the case that I am going to have to open each of the files again and just save them again with Save so that arrive where they have to go or did I do something wrong? Would it be enough if I just rename them and move them so that the program recognizes them? I am supposed to make a return package and the last time I did it, it only sent back what was still in German. I am confused...
Collapse

Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Canada
Local time: 07:24
English to French
+ ...
Save each document Nov 11, 2012

You should save each document when you are finished with it. As long as you don't "save" it, it looks as incomplete (i.e. as complete as the last time you saved it).

Jean-Pierre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: how to save translated files?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »