Studio 2011: TM does not update as I translate (sometimes)
Thread poster: Garboktrans

Garboktrans
Spain
Local time: 18:51
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 13, 2012

I have a serious problem that is making me translate some projects with Trados 2007 and some with Studio 2011. The problem is that in some projects (with Studio 2011) the TM does not update as I translate. Therefore when there are similar files in one same project, the matches do not appear. The TM doesn't even update when I "finalize" the project. If this happened ALL the time, then it would be something I did wrong in the settings. But since this only happens "sometimes"it is driving me crazy. When it happens, even when I have translated 50% of the project (and confirmed the translation), when I analyze the files, the report gives out the same result as the first pre-start analysis... Is this happening to anyone else?

[Edited at 2012-11-13 09:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Have you checked the existing threads Nov 13, 2012

in this forum? There were a few recently.

Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Automatic TM update Nov 13, 2012

Make sure you have Tools-Options-Editor-Automation-After confirming segments manually-Update translation memory checked. You can also use ALT+F in editor window to move between segments which have a target translation that is different from the one in TM (or missing). This should give you an idea, what's going on.

Garboktrans
Spain
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still doesn't work Nov 13, 2012

Lennart Luhtaru wrote:

Make sure you have Tools-Options-Editor-Automation-After confirming segments manually-Update translation memory checked. You can also use ALT+F in editor window to move between segments which have a target translation that is different from the one in TM (or missing). This should give you an idea, what's going on.

Thanks, Lennart, I just had a look and that option is already checked, so that doesn't solve it.

Natalie, I have just had a look and haven't found anyone with that problem...

[Edited at 2012-11-13 10:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-11-13 14:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: TM does not update as I translate (sometimes)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search