Thread poster: Elena delaCova

Elena delaCova
Spain
Local time: 06:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2012

Dear colleagues,

After finishing a translation of a .html file with TagEditor (Trados 2007), I save the file and the target shows untranslated segments. I checked the .ttk and everything is translated and the TM updated, but for some reason, the preview function and the saved target show untranslated segments.
Do you have any idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks a mill,
Elena

walkqisky
Local time: 13:24
English to Chinese
make sure you chose the correct preview Nov 14, 2012

Elena, did you select the bilingual or target preview, not source preview? If the ttx file looks right, then it should also be right in the preview.
Maybe you could try to clean up again and choose Update Document.

Elena delaCova
Spain
Local time: 06:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found out the problem Nov 14, 2012

Dear walkqisky,

Thanks for your answer. Yesterday night I found out what the problem was. The segments showing untranslated were titles in image format, but what I was translating in TagEditor was the caption. I realized that when I opened the .html with the notepad.
Therefore, when I saved the file as target right after finishing, I could see the translated segment, but when I copied the image folder in the target folder, the image was showing in the target .html (although it didn't look as an image, that was my confusion).

Mystery solved!

Thanks a lot,
Elena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: target file contains untranslated segments

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search