Trados studio 2011 upgrade from 2009: no translation results window, no matches or fuzzy matches
Thread poster: claude-andrew

claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:56
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 15, 2012

I've just bought Trados studio 2011 as an upgrade from 2009. My 2009 lost its translation results window above the text columns, and was no longer importing matches or fuzzy matches.
Most perplexingly, my newly-installed 2011 version has exactly the same problem.
Can anyone help?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2012-11-15 18:53 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Reset windows Nov 15, 2012

To get back your translation results window you could go to View>Reset window layout.

Or, if it is there but has just got buried under concordance or error messages, simply click the tab below where it should be, on the name of your TM and "Translation Results".

Re: no importing of matches and fuzzies. We need some more details here. What exactly is the problem?

claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados studio 2011 problem ok Nov 15, 2012

The problem is me. After creating a translation memory, the translation results window has appeared.

I have to say that I'd been using Studio 2009 for some time before it went pear-shaped ("Failed to initialize 'EditorView'" - it was then impossible to load anything), and was given an emergency fix by SDL. (Arranged by the client as I had no support subscription). Then I noticed that the translation results window, which had always been there right from the start, was gone.
Since I'd been using Trados naively without training, since the translation window had always been present and matches and fuzzy matches had always popped up, although I'd never (knowingly) created a translation memory (but always saved the sdlxliff file), I failed to understand what was going on. I'm still not clear.
Anyway I need training, and will have free training with the Studio 2011package.

Anyone who'd like to make me less naive is welcome to do so.

OS is Windows 7.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados studio 2011 upgrade from 2009: no translation results window, no matches or fuzzy matches

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search