Studio 2011 - Translation menu's last 3 options dimmed (Confirm and etc)
Thread poster: Marc Leduc
Marc Leduc  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:51
English to French
Nov 15, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use the "Confirm and Translate until next fuzzy match" but this option is dimmed and desactivated (with 2 others in the same block). I have translated several segments up to now and tried to run this command from different places, but nothing will do.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Marc

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:51
English
The only way I can find... Nov 16, 2012

.. to emulate this is to deactivate the editing window. So if I click into the TM results pane, or the Terminology Pane then these three commands become unavailable. So despite asking what seems obvious... are you actually in a segment in the editor? So is the line you are in blue... activated.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2012-11-16 07:31 GMT]

English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, segment selected in blue in the Editor view, . Nov 16, 2012

Hi Paul,

Yes indeed, I am always selecting a segment in blue in the Editor area to see if the problem persists. I have even tried with different selections for various segment status.

Those 3 last options in the Translation menu are still deactivated, dimmed.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:51
English
If you have time... Nov 16, 2012

... for a webex I can take a look? Drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com

Regards

Paul

English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Nov 16, 2012

I was working mostly from the numbering column since most source was at least partially translated in TM. The cursor had to be in the target column for the options to be activated. Urgh!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Translation menu's last 3 options dimmed (Confirm and etc)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search