Studio 2011: can automatic localisation be switched off?
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:43
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 16, 2012

All the time Studio exchanges decimal point in numbers to commas, even in header numbers:
3.1 -> 3,1 when translating into German. And it puts a warning triangle when I copy dates like 16.08.2012, probably because it would like to see 16,08,2012. Can I do anything to make it stop?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
English
A couple of things... Nov 16, 2012

Hello Heinrich,

You can disable number recognition to prevent autosubstitution here:

You can disable number recognition altogether here (you may need to restart Studio after doing this to ensure it takes effect):

Or... you might be able to edit the segmentation rules to have the numbers moved outside the segment altogether so you don't have deal with them: http://goo.gl/3qnje and http://goo.gl/I9SP1

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: can automatic localisation be switched off?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search