Some more questions on Studio 2011 regarding QA checks
Thread poster: Laura Bigoni
Laura Bigoni
Laura Bigoni
English to Italian
Nov 19, 2012

Hello, I have some more questions regarding Studio 2011. I have not been able to generate QA reports in the same way as I used to do in SDLX and I wonder whether you could help me.

Basically, in Studio I have been able to do the QA check on individual files – however, when I do a check on a batch of files (Batch Tasks > Verify files), I have two issues:

1) The report that is generated is very user-unfriendly i.e. it looks like this:

File Details
... See more
Hello, I have some more questions regarding Studio 2011. I have not been able to generate QA reports in the same way as I used to do in SDLX and I wonder whether you could help me.

Basically, in Studio I have been able to do the QA check on individual files – however, when I do a check on a batch of files (Batch Tasks > Verify files), I have two issues:

1) The report that is generated is very user-unfriendly i.e. it looks like this:

File Details
PMA9542_xml.itd.sdlxliff

Warning Target segment was confirmed without prior editing. QA Checker 3.0
Information Extra blank spaces detected. QA Checker 3.0
Warning Target segment identical to source - "HP ENVY 11-g09..." QA Checker 3.0
Information Space after tag removed. Tag verification
Warning Target segment contains extra space at the end. QA Checker 3.0
Information Space after tag removed. Tag verification
Warning Target segment contains extra space at the end. QA Checker 3.0
Information Space after tag removed.

It does not specify the number of the segment in which the issue appears, and it does not show the source and the target segment. I have been looking for options to customize the QA report but I have not been able to find them. Are they available anywhere?

2) The other issue I am experiencing with the QA report is that even if I activate the Terminology Verifier and select a termbase, those errors do not seem to be picked up. How can I make sure that any terminology differences between the Termbase and the files show up in the report? Also if there are any inconsistencies between the files (i.e. a segment has been translated differently in 2 files in the same project), how do I make sure that those inconsistencies are also shown in the QA report? Currently I have not found a way to solve those issues.

The other question I have got has to do with QA check settings.

Under Tools > Options > Verification > QA Checker 3.0, I have selected the options I need under each category (i.e. Segments to Exclude, Inconsistencies etc). However – when I start a new project with a new batch of files, I have to go in Project Settings and reset them all from there. I have not found a way to make sure that those options are always retained regardless of which project is open so I have to reset them every time I start a new project. Is there a way to make sure the options are automatically applied to each new project?

I hope the questions are clear enough! Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some more questions on Studio 2011 regarding QA checks

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »