Downloading trados again on a new laptop
Thread poster: Rachel E
Rachel E
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:31
Nov 19, 2012

Hi!

I've just got a new laptop and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can move my SDL trados to the new one? Do I need to get some kind of authorisation code? I can't seem to find any phone numbers or ways to contact SDL directly!!!

Thanks,
Rachel

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:31
English to Czech
+ ...
Return > Reactivate Nov 19, 2012

Hi Rachel,
first, you will need to return your license that you are using on your current machine. Then install Trados on your new machine and use the activation code from your profile at SDL to activate the new copy.

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:31
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Update of Trados Studio Nov 19, 2012

Following on this issue: when updating Trados Studio 2011, is there an easy way to find the Activation code. After paying, and having a trial version, I can't find the activation code to go from trial to full version.
No licence returned obviously, because I didn't have one.
Where do I find the activation code, and should I first de-install the trial version?
Thanks for helping out.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
Finnish to French
Under My Licenses Nov 19, 2012

Laurent Slowack wrote:
Where do I find the activation code, and should I first de-install the trial version?

You can see the activation code in your SDL account, under My Licenses:

Don't try to use my own activation code, since only half of it is visible

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downloading trados again on a new laptop

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search