Error Trados Studio 2011: No translation memories found to be updated
Thread poster: xxxmotomycha

xxxmotomycha
Nov 19, 2012

Dear all,

I have a huge problem with Trados which makes the it practically useless. Any time I want to open a document or create a new project I get a message saying: No translation memories found to be updated. I go through the whole process of creating a new project, including adding a main TM (I check all four checkboxes: enable, lookup, concordance and update) and the message appears at the very end of the project creating process.

I can still translate the text and the project TM (which is automatically created) is working, so if there are any repertitions within the document Trados finds them but still I cannot use the translation for future works, nor can I use TMs from previous translations.

This happens with all sorts of documents (doc, docx, xls, PDF, txt) and with all my translation memories - and the TMs previously worked, so I think this can't be a problem within the TM.
I tried every solution I could think of: I removed the user settings from Roaming/SDL folder, I reinstalled Trados on my user account, I installed Trados on other user account on my computer - nothing worked unfortunatelly. I searched forums but couldn't find anything.

Could anyone help me with this, please? I have Trados Studio 2011, SP2 I work on Windows 7, 64-bit.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Karolina

[Edited at 2012-11-19 14:45 GMT]

UPDATED in the topic of courseicon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2012-11-19 14:46 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Trados Studio 2011: No translation memories found to be updated

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search