International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Error Trados Studio 2011: No translation memories found to be updated
Thread poster: xxxmotomycha
xxxmotomycha
Nov 19, 2012

Dear all,

I have a huge problem with Trados which makes the it practically useless. Any time I want to open a document or create a new project I get a message saying: No translation memories found to be updated. I go through the whole process of creating a new project, including adding a main TM (I check all four checkboxes: enable, lookup, concordance and update) and the message appears at the very end of the project creating process.

I can still translate the text and the project TM (which is automatically created) is working, so if there are any repertitions within the document Trados finds them but still I cannot use the translation for future works, nor can I use TMs from previous translations.

This happens with all sorts of documents (doc, docx, xls, PDF, txt) and with all my translation memories - and the TMs previously worked, so I think this can't be a problem within the TM.
I tried every solution I could think of: I removed the user settings from Roaming/SDL folder, I reinstalled Trados on my user account, I installed Trados on other user account on my computer - nothing worked unfortunatelly. I searched forums but couldn't find anything.

Could anyone help me with this, please? I have Trados Studio 2011, SP2 I work on Windows 7, 64-bit.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Karolina

[Edited at 2012-11-19 14:45 GMT]

UPDATED in the topic of course

[Edited at 2012-11-19 14:46 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Trados Studio 2011: No translation memories found to be updated

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search