Server-based memory cannot be opened
Thread poster: Patrick Oblander

Patrick Oblander  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:04
Japanese to English
Nov 20, 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to do two things for the first time: translating a package provided by the client and using the client's server-based memory. The client was even kind enough to make a video showing how the process works. I followed along to set up a remote connection (no problem), check that the server was available (it was) and then open the package (no problem). Then I went to the project settings and found the server-based memory on the list, but when I tried to open it I got this message:

"The translation provider [xxx] could not be opened and has been disabled. The server is not responding. Please check that the server is available."

And yet a quick check under "File > Servers > Check server availability" indicates that it's still available.
I've seen the first part of that error message before, when the user changed the file path, but that is not the case here.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Patrick Oblander

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Server-based memory cannot be opened

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search