Thread poster: Radim Rozumek

Radim Rozumek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:53
Member (2011)
English to Czech
Nov 21, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I tried hard but wasn't able to find such information...

I have several files (ttx) that need to be reviewed. I cannot merge them due to their size. There are many repeating segments that I need to approve again and again with new files open. Due to a number of segments the approval of each segment takes even minutes!! If I choose to approve several lines, this doesn't affect the rest of the file.

Is there a way to "pre-approve" the whole file from TM at the beginning (100% and CM).

Thank you very much for your advices.

Radim

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Batch Tasks > Pre-Translate files Nov 21, 2012

Then go to Batch Processing > Pre-Translate Files and select "Overwrite existing translation if better match found" from the Translation overwrite mode drop-down list.

That should do the trick...

Radim Rozumek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2011)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Review Nov 21, 2012

Dear Stanislav,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I didn't emphasize that I work in Review mode. The system you described works for translation but I need an approval with "magnifying glass" in review mode.

Any chance?

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
No need to work in the Review mode Nov 21, 2012

Dear Radim,
unfortunately, you cannot "Pretranslate to Review Mode", but I don't think it is absolutely necessary to work in the Review mode. You can simply review your files one by one in the Translation mode. Once you have completed a file, you can select all segments (click on the first segment number, go to the end of the document, hold the SHIFT key and click on the last segment number) and mark all segments as Reviewed (right-click on any of the highlighted segmetns and select "Change Segment Status > Translation Approved").

I know this process a few more steps, but it's still faster than if you had to check all repetitive segments manually.

I hope this helps?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre Approve from TM

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search