Studio 2011 cannot convert bilingual Word file to translatable format
Thread poster: yllea

yllea
Local time: 06:48
English to Estonian
+ ...
Nov 21, 2012

Hi everyone!

I received an 80-page document for translation in the bilingual Word format but when I create a project in Studio 2011 and try to convert the file to translatable format, it gives me the following error message:

"Internal error. Multiple placeholder tags with the same ID ˮ2ˮ have different tag properties."

The ID numbers vary depending on the part of the document.

I've tried splitting the document in parts and looking whether I can see dodgy tags but I haven't been able to identify any. I've also tried deleting the tables in the file but it doesn't help either.

Just an additional point - the document was converted from pdf, if that should be relevant in any way.

I'd very grateful for any tips!

Regards and thanks
Ülle

Direct link Reply with quote

yllea
Local time: 06:48
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2011 cannot save target as Nov 24, 2012

Hi everyone!
As I couldn't work out how to proceed with the conversion of the bilingual file for translation, I took the monolingual source file, created a project on the basis of it and started translating. Then I tested if I can save target as a simple word file but this did not work either. Here is the error message:

Failed to save target content: An error occured while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format: Possible field(s) deletion.

There must be clearly something wrong with the source file but what?

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers,
Ülle

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 cannot convert bilingual Word file to translatable format

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search