Thread poster: alessandra bocco

alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:57
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 21, 2012

Hi all,
I have installed Studio 2011 last July and I have always worked on packages sent my one client. Everything worked fine.
Last week this same client sent me a package to translate. I tried to import it but a message appeared saying that it could not be opened since the original file was missing. The client was astonished but sent me the docx. file and I could open the package. I started translating, saved a short bit, closed the file and the error message I posted in the title appeared. Studio closed automatically and my translated file disappeared. To translate the project I had to ask the client to send me the individual files and I could safely work on them (using the package TM and Termbase).
Yesterday the same client sent me another project and the same thing happened. Every time I close a file I'm translating, that error message appears and the whole project gets corrupted (I can't open it anymore).
I have tried opening old packages and they work perfectly. The client says there is nothing wrong about the new ones, other translators can work on them as usual.
I have asked for individual files again but my client is getting a bit frustrated about it.
What do you suggest?
Thanks a lot
Alessandra

Harris Couwenberg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Answer? May 24, 2014

did you ever get an answer for this problem? having it right now....

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Assuming you too are using Studio 2011... May 24, 2014

... there is a fix for this problem in CU11 released in October last year. You can download and install the latest cumulative update for Studio 2011 which includes this fix from here: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4536&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Regards

Paul

alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Never happened again May 25, 2014

I never had that problem again...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search