SDL MultiTerm 2007 - Translate to fuzzy
Thread poster: bluejana
bluejana
bluejana
Local time: 08:04
German to English
Nov 21, 2012

Hi All!

I have a large 100,000 word document that has been translated over time through weekly updates. My client finalized a Terminology base that we then turned into a MutiTerm Term Base using SDL MutliTerm 2007 (am also using Trados 2007).

The TM matches are about 90% in the 100% match category. I am now trying to review the document to ensure that the newly approved terms in the term database are correct, but I cannot find a way for it to stop any time there is a ke
... See more
Hi All!

I have a large 100,000 word document that has been translated over time through weekly updates. My client finalized a Terminology base that we then turned into a MutiTerm Term Base using SDL MutliTerm 2007 (am also using Trados 2007).

The TM matches are about 90% in the 100% match category. I am now trying to review the document to ensure that the newly approved terms in the term database are correct, but I cannot find a way for it to stop any time there is a keyterm match or mismatch while translating to fuzzy.

Is there a way to "translate to fuzzy" and have it stop when there are keyterms from the MultiTerm base?

Thanks in advance!
bluejana
Collapse

ErikAnderson3
ErikAnderson3
Local time: 05:04
Likely not possible using Trados Workbench Nov 27, 2012

Hallo bluejana --

The kind of terminology double-checking that you describe is certainly possible in SDL Trados Studio, but I don't think it's possible in the older Trados Workbench setup. I've used Workbench extensively since around 2000, and I've never heard of nor seen any feature like what you describe.

If anyone else knows otherwise, please post.

Kind regards,

-- Erik Ande
... See more
Hallo bluejana --

The kind of terminology double-checking that you describe is certainly possible in SDL Trados Studio, but I don't think it's possible in the older Trados Workbench setup. I've used Workbench extensively since around 2000, and I've never heard of nor seen any feature like what you describe.

If anyone else knows otherwise, please post.

Kind regards,

-- Erik Anderson
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 2007 - Translate to fuzzy

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »