SDL TRADOS 2011 / TERM BASE
Thread poster: xxxhrvatski
xxxhrvatski  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:35
Croatian to French
+ ...
Nov 23, 2012

Dear,

I have a document for which, some terms are highlighted in red, but nothing appears in the term base window. If I paste this text in the window, those terms appear.
Please, why it is not automatic?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 04:35
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Termbase Search window Nov 23, 2012

There are 2 windows for term results: Termbase Search & Term Recognition.

It seems that you are using Termbase Search window, switch to Term Recognition and all term results will be displayed.

Selcuk

xxxhrvatski  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:35
Croatian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS ! Nov 23, 2012

Dear Selcuk Akyuz,

I tried your solution. It works perfectly!

Thank you so much !!!

Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:35
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
Yes- but why? Nov 24, 2012

I have found this happening to me too - sometimes, when I add a term into the termbase, during a translation, the term doesn't immediately appear in the box, but .... sometimes it does! Why is this?
My language combo has two variants in each direction (Euro and Braz Portuguese, and UK and US English), so when I create my glossaries, I choose the 'simple' language version for both PT and EN (e.g. I can choose from Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian) or Portuguese (Portugal) and I always choose the one without the variant attached, so that I can use my termbases for all my translations.

Is this problem of the terms not appearing something to do with the language variant problem?

If anyone could share their expertise on this, that would be extremely kind!!!

Filipa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS 2011 / TERM BASE

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search