What I need to know before upgrading from Trados Suite Freelance 2007 to Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: gradara
gradara
Italy
Local time: 21:12
German to Italian
Nov 24, 2012

Hi, everybody!
I've just purchased the upgrade to trados Studio 2011. Before going on with the procedure on my account (which already features the licence purchased: "SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance (Activation code) - Bundled with version 2011, I would like to ask you a maybe silly question: I bought a new pc on which I intend to install the upgrade. "Bundled" means that SDL Suite freelance will be active on the new machine and not available any more on the old one? And what about my TMs? Shall I be able to open them in the upgraded version? Sorry, but I am very confused. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

[Bearbeitet am 2012-11-24 18:12 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2012-11-24 18:12 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2012-11-24 18:14 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2012-11-24 18:16 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:12
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Not to worry Nov 25, 2012

You can keep old Trados on your old machine and use it as long as you do not uninstall it.
For Studio you get a license to use it on two machines. So you can install Studio also on your old machine. It does not effect the old installation of Trados 2007/SDLX.
Probably you could also install old Trados on you new machine, if you want.
But this advice is without guarantee, as I'm only a normal user. I have both Trados 2007/SDLX and Studio 2011 running on two machines.

gradara
Italy
Local time: 21:12
German to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot for your sound explanation Nov 25, 2012

I'll install Studio on both machines, then. I thought that "bundled" means that SDLTrados 2007 was automatically included in the upgraded license.
Many many thanks

[Bearbeitet am 2012-11-25 20:51 GMT]

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:12
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados 2011 SP2 Nov 26, 2012

Trados 2011 SP2 is now the latest version of Trados 2011.
I met with a number of memory management issues in this latest version.
Trados 2011 SP1 can be better for specific purpose [free from such the issues].

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What I need to know before upgrading from Trados Suite Freelance 2007 to Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search