Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 04:01
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 25, 2012

Hi,

Is there any way to make Term Recognition display the same word that exists in two termbases without changing the `minimum match value`?

I don't want to change minimum match value because it is handy in picking up the terms from the source

I have variations of terms, sometimes one or two letters or capitalized/small caps versions, but term recognition only shows the result for the main termbase, does not display results from other termbases.

Thank you
Kind regards

Hakan

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:01
English to French
+ ...
Enabled Nov 25, 2012

Hi Hakan,

Are both your termbases enabled? - checked (green) under Project Settings -> Termbases. Normally, in both Studio 2009 and 11, your Term Recognition pane should display the terms from both of them and even showing which termbase they come from (name of termbase displayed next to the source term).

HTH,

Bernard

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 04:01
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes enabled Nov 25, 2012

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. Both are enabled. But, by design, one has to be the default in which one could add new terms along with translation.

Termbase 1
connector
relays

Termbase 2
Connectors
circuits

In below terms
- circuits and relay are displayed normally
- when there is connector or connect* comes up in the source, "connector" is displayed from Termbase 1 (because it is default) and "Connectors" from Termbase 2 is ignored.

I prefer to have all terms to be listed regardless, without changing minimum match value. If I set minimum match value to 100%, it should show both probably.

Not sure if this is clear enough.

Thank you

Hakan

p.s. I have not migrated to 2011 yet. Due in December hopefully. May be this issue is resolved there.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Settings Nov 25, 2012

Hi again,

My Search settings are as follows and it works perfectly:

Minimum match value = 70%
Search depth = 200
Search Order = Search all termbases in parallel and group results by term

Bernard

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
An old bug... Nov 26, 2012

Hakan Kiyici wrote:

(...)

- when there is connector or connect* comes up in the source, "connector" is displayed from Termbase 1 (because it is default) and "Connectors" from Termbase 2 is ignored.

I prefer to have all terms to be listed regardless, without changing minimum match value. If I set minimum match value to 100%, it should show both probably.

No, 100% means an exact match, you should rather lower the threshold.

Not sure if this is clear enough.

Yep, it works like that.
I'm sure I posted an info about it here or on TW_users.

p.s. I have not migrated to 2011 yet. Due in December hopefully. May be this issue is resolved there.

I don't know.
As I translate SDLXLIFF files in DVX2, I don't follow closely the Multiterm development.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

multiterm 2009 same words from 2 tbases not displayed

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search