Thread poster: Johanna von der Vring

Johanna von der Vring  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:48
Member (2006)
Italian to German
+ ...
Nov 25, 2012

I have a Licence for Studio 2009. I bought a new computer last year. I installed Trados toghether with all my programmes from the old computer to the new one. After reinstalling all, I did not use Trados anymore, because I worked on other projects. Now I need to use Trados again urgently. The programme told me to use the activation codes, I pasted them, but I received an error massage. I do not know, if the license is still in my old computer, which I never used again, or if there is any other problem. Under my licences in my account there is written "in use".

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Return Licence Nov 25, 2012

Hi Johanna,

You need to return at least one of your licences before you can activate it on your new computer.

HTH,

Bernard

Germany
Member (2006)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I cannot use my old computer Nov 25, 2012

Hi,

thank you for answering so quickly. How can I return my licence without using my old laptop?

English to French
+ ...
My Account Nov 25, 2012

I think you'll have to file a case if you can't use your old laptop any more to deactivate your licence, plenty of threads about it.

Bernard

Germany
Member (2006)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to contact SDL by mail Nov 25, 2012

Is there any possibilty to send a mail directly to SDL? I did not find any e-mail-adress on the website.

English to French
+ ...
Link Nov 25, 2012

Try this link: http://www.sdl.com/support/language-technology-products/installation-and-licensing.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make work Trados Studio with a new compuer

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search