Thread poster: xxxSitiens
xxxSitiens
Sweden
Local time: 07:27
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 26, 2012

Hello!

Please bear with me, I am a new Trados user and will try to describe the problem in as much detail as possible.

I work on Windows 7 and acquired Trados recently. This project was delivered in a sdl project file with both term bases and translation memories attached, with two files to be translated. Startup is fine and I had no problems translating the first file. However, many of the segments are similar and so when I've translated one, Trados sets out with assembling a couple of other similar segments for me. Then it hangs unexpectedly and I have to restart the program, with the latest edits lost. The first time it crashed it didn't matter that I had saved - the entire project disappeared and I had to import it again.

I'm now left with translating a couple of segments, saving, restarting, translating a couple of segments, saving, rinse repeat. My greatest problem is that at a certain section of the project, Trados starts loading segments and I can't save before it hangs, so I can never finish that part of the project.

I have a 4 gb ram and an older graphics card, which are getting replaced soon, but this is a gaming computer and performs okay while gaming. The processor is an i7. As for Trados, I have not installed SP2 as of yet, as I heard there were a couple of problems with it.

Does anyone have a solution, or has anyone else experienced something similar? I've been very happy with my Trados experience so far, but this is dampening my spirits somewhat.

Thank you!

ETA: For once, I managed to solve it myself. It appears that a specific term in the term base is corrupted or somesuch, so Trados crashed whenever it tried to access that term in the term base. I've worked my way around it by leaving those segments last and then disconnecting the termbases before finishing the project, so problem solved! Still, it would be interesting to hear if someone has experienced something similar.

[Edited at 2012-11-26 17:48 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 crashing when assembling several segments

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search