What is the difference between multiterm desktop - extract !
Thread poster: Reem kh
Reem kh
Local time: 17:58
English to Arabic
Nov 26, 2012

Hi everybody,
I'm working on a project and have to build a thesaurus , so I'm consediring to buy a software to help me doing this.
I still dont Know which one will help me. Please tell me what should I start with?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Gyula Erdész
Hungary
Local time: 15:58
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Difference Nov 26, 2012

Dear Reem kh,

Multiterm Desktop is basically the terminology module for the SDL CAT products. It is intended to manage/import/export existing termbases.

Multiterm extract, as the name implies, is for extracting term pairs from a bilingual document. It statistically examines the text and propose you a bunch of word pairs. After that you need to check these results one by one and decide if it is correct or not.

The performance of MT Extract is satisfactory with western languages. For languages like Hungarian (agglutinative languages) the examination returns with too much false results.

Cheers,

Gyula

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:58
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
MultiTerm Extract results Nov 27, 2012

Gyula Erdész wrote:

The performance of MT Extract is satisfactory with western languages. For languages like Hungarian (agglutinative languages) the examination returns with too much false results.

Gyula

It also applies to EN-TH language pair.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the difference between multiterm desktop - extract !

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search